Join us for a series of Fireside Chats coming this August and September! This will be a “no judgment zone” so all ideas, suggestions and voices will be heard. Here are some questions to ponder to get the conversation going:
- What do you like most about our church?
- What brought you to UMCM?
- What has kept you at UMCM?
- What prevents you from being fully engaged?
- What is lacking?
- Do other things interfere with Sunday morning worship?
- If we had a different worship time would that help? And if so, what day/time would be best?
- If we had a different type of worship, such as with a Praise Band, would that interest you? And if so, what day/time would be best?
Below are the dates and times for some of the “focus groups.” Please come to the one that you most identify with and RSVP (email@example.com or 203.268.8395) by the Wednesday before just so we know how many s’mores to prepare!
- Sunday, August 6th at 7:30 pm – “Empty Nesters”
- Thursday, August 24th at 7:30 pm – “Singles”
- Friday, September 8th at 5:30 pm – “Families with Young Children”
- Sunday, September 17th at 7:30 pm – “Families with Older Children”
- *Sunday, September 24th at 11:30 am – “Retirees”
Come to the parsonage where we will gather on the patio around our fire pit. You can either park at the church and walk down the path, park on Hannah Lane and walk over or park in the driveway. We will enjoy conversation, refreshments and the beautiful surroundings as we talk about your wants and needs. *As there are some steps and a little hill to access the parsonage patio the gathering on the 24th will be held at the church.
If you are unable to attend the date that you identify with the most or if you don’t feel like you fit in any of these categories, please let Pastor Martha know and we will work something out. She is in the office most Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings and always available via email at PastorMartha@verizon.net. She wants to hear from YOU!