For the Common Good: Discovering and Using Your Spiritual Gifts
September 28, October 5, 12, 19, 26, 2021
7:00 pm — 9:00 pm
Lay Servant Ministries training courses can prepare you for missions and ministries in the New York Annual Conference, improve your teaching and leadership skills, help you navigate becoming an accountable disciple, and much more. For more information about Lay Servant Ministries, click here.
To keep everyone safe during this unprecedented season, 2021 Lay Servant Ministries training courses will be offered virtually, via Zoom.
There is no charge for this course and you must attend all sessions to receive credit.
Dates: Tuesdays at 7:00 pm
Tuesday, September 28
Tuesday, October 5
Tuesday, October 12
Tuesday, October 19
Tuesday, October 26
Each lay servant must be a professing member of the United Methodist Church and there are requirements for continued study in order to maintain the status of lay servant. Lay servants can serve in their local churches and beyond the local church.
About this Training
This course For the Common Good: Discovering and Using Your Spiritual Gifts offers a scriptural understanding of spiritual gifts as always given for the common good. By helping participants identify and link their gifts, abilities and sense of calling, laity will learn the powerful connection between spiritual gifts and vocational discernment in the context of the mission of their local church. They will also learn how to make spiritual gifts discernment a part of their congregation’s culture and commitment to equip mission-focused leaders who make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
BEFORE THE CLASS:
- Please remember to download and print your registration form and obtain the proper signatures needed to participate.
- To begin your registration online, click here. NOTE: Please remember to download and print your registration form and obtain the proper signatures.
- Email your completed registration form to email@example.com.
- Purchase your book: For the Common Good: Discovering Your Spiritual Gifts by Christine Harman ISBN-13978-0881779585. Available on Amazon in paperback or Kindle.
- Please read the first two chapters before the class.
Please contact Instructor Judy Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-513-1448 with any questions you may have about this training.
(No registrations may be accepted after Friday, September 24, 2021)