We Will Be Shredding Again – November 7 at Village Square Shopping Center
NEW!! COVID precautions and procedures
Are your personal papers stacking up with no time to shred them? If so, take advantage of the convenience and security of having your sensitive household and business records destroyed by the pros.
UMC Monroe is pleased to announce that we will be having our Paper Shredding fundraiser event on Saturday, November 7. After cancelling our early May 2020 event, we have worked closely with our partner, PROSHRED Security, to host a safe event for you, our volunteers, and PROSHRED employees. Please read the following information carefully if you will be coming to the event this November. We hope to see you then.
DATE AND TIME: Saturday, November 7, 2020 from 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
LOCATION: Village Square Shopping Center, Monroe Turnpike (Route 111), Monroe (across from McDonald’s)
FEE: $10 per standard archive box (15”x12”x10”); Prices increase $5.00 per size according to container
FYI: This fee has remained unchanged through the ten-year history of our event.
SPECIAL COVID PRECAUTIONS INSTRUCTIONS
This event will feature completely drive-through service. You will not need to leave your vehicle, and we ask that you do not. This detail and most of what follows is at the direction of PROSHRED, which has established these rules and fine-tuned them through their national network and shared experiences creating safe paper shredding fundraiser events.
Before you come to the event:
- No reservations are required.
- Place the material to be shredded in the trunk or rear cargo space of your vehicle.
- Be prepared with cash or a check made out to UMC Monroe. Our team will tell you the amount due so you can complete the check at the time of service. (If you prefer, you can pay with a credit/debit card).
- Please have a mask/face covering for the brief time you will interact with our team members. Our team will also have masks for the protection of all.
When you arrive:
- Look for direction to the single-lane line. One of our team members will be clearly identified with a safety vest to direct you.
- Watch for direction to advance in the service lane.
- Open your trunk/cargo area when requested and provide any needed direction to our team members.
- All boxes will be returned to your trunk/cargo space after your material for shredding is placed in the PROSHRED bins.
- You will be directed to leave the work area after our team members gather your shredding material and collect payment.
Other things to know:
- Our team members will be wearing appropriate PPE: masks and gloves.
- The entire process will be drive-through. Please stay in your vehicle at all times.
- We will provide a receipt if you request it.
- Please do not approach the PROSHRED employee. For this event, we cannot accommodate requests to view the in-truck video monitor. As always, all collected material is shredded upon receipt.
Your friends and neighbors at the United Methodist Church of Monroe appreciate your patience with our new process and your support as we work together on missions near and far. THANK YOU!
CLICK HERE for an event flyer and copy of our NEW COVID precautions and procedures!