UMC Monroe In-Person Worship COVID Guidelines as of April 29, 2021
NOTE: Advance registration is required to abide by district and Connecticut rules surrounding COVID.
All who wish to attend should be aware of AND agree to these guidelines:
1. As CDC and State of Connecticut restrictions continue to ease, all protocols that relate to face coverings and social distancing will be observed for this service.
2. Under CDC guidance, people (vaccinated and unvaccinated alike) still need to wear masks in indoor public places.
- Those who are over 50 and not-vaccinated are encouraged to attend our on-line zoom service.
- Those with pre-existing conditions and not vaccinated are encouraged to attend our on-line zoom service.
- Those not comfortable with an in-person presence would be encouraged to attend our on-line zoom service.
3. To enter you will need to pass a temperature check (99.5 degrees Fahrenheit, or less), wear a mask and recognize social distancing guidelines.
4. Hymns will be led by a small choir, masked (vaccinated) and pianist. Quiet singing (with masks on) will be allowed.
5. At the end of the service, you will exit to the parking lot — there will be no no indoor fellowship. Socially distanced conversation will be possible under CDC outdoor guidelines:
- People who are fully vaccinated against the coronavirus can go maskless in small outdoor gatherings with fully vaccinated people.
- The CDC recommends mask wearing for unvaccinated people who have yet to receive both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the one-shot Johnson & Johnson formula (applies both indoor and outdoor; includes children).
- The agency is advising that everyone should keep wearing masks at crowded outdoor events.
* Stay tuned! We anticipate that we’ll be heading back for in-person live worship services very soon!