NOTE: Certified lay speaker class required
Pathway: Prayer Teams
Time: 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
* Deadline to register is Friday, February 3 **
Anyone who is called upon to lead public prayer may feel anxious and possibly inadequate for such a task. This course offers help for novices as well as veteran leaders of prayer as they create and deliver appropriate prayers for those on whose behalf the prayer is offered.
- Consider what public prayer is and is not.
- Acquire practical guidelines for avoiding common pitfalls.
- Explore prayers as an integral part of worship.
- Discuss the kind of language we need, and don’t need, to address God.
- Book Shaping the Prayers of the People, you can find it in Amazon, Cokesbury, Upper Room