The Missions and Social Concerns Committee coordinates the planning and implementation of a comprehensive ministry for involving the congregation in mission. The team links with organizations, people and resources both in and beyond the congregation and guide us in worship and fellowship that highlights mission.
Some of our Mission projects and outreach efforts:
- Covenant to Care: providing children in need with school supplies and gifts at Christmastime
- Church World Service (CWS): blankets, tools, hygiene kits
- Dress A Girl Around the World: we dream of a world in which every girl has at least one new dress
- Spooner House: we provide sandwiches for the residents
- Monroe Food Pantry: ongoing food collection for those in need within our community
- Pivot Ministries: Pillows for Pivot, Pots for Pivot
- Souper Bowl of Caring: youth program to combat world hunger
- South Central Emmaus: spiritual retreats for youth throughout Connecticut
- Summerfield UMC After School Youth Program: we donate to support their youth
- Summerfield UMC “Light on the Hill” Food Pantry: we donate to support their mission
- Thomas Merton House: providing permanent supportive housing for homeless women with children.
- United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR): responding to emergency needs throughout the world
Participation is open to all interested and volunteers are welcome.